Friday 31 January 2014

Born in Chains by Caris Roane

Chained to a cavern wall, Adrien hung forward from his shackles, arms shaking.

With a title like Born in Chains, one can't expect anything less than such a sentence as the one above. Right to the point: Character, conflict, setting and some innuendo.

Then the guy starts hallucinating some back story. I would too if I were him.

I might mention, that this type of book, this genre, is not my thing, but for the purpose of this review that doesn't matter. The question is does this novel hook in the opening page? Does the opening line hold a reader's attention without wasting time? Does it raise questions? I think this one does, regardless if one is a fan of this genre or not.

First thing said:

"Adrien, talk to us."

Verdict: Pass

Sincerely,
Theodore Moracht

No comments:

Post a Comment